At Sheerview Window Furnishings our aim is to help you realise your home design and decor goals though high quality awnings, shutters, blinds, sheers and curtains. We aim to make the process as smooth as possible by offering a comprehensive service where we come out to measure your windows, provide detailed information about your options and help you get the best result on your budget. We then work around you to find a convenient time to install your beautiful window furnishings.
Our range of awnings offer seamless style regardless of the type of awnings used through a premises, with interchangeable mechanisms using the same headset.
Shutters have improved vastly over time and we offer the highest quality timber, aluminium and pvc shutters with an amazing variety of colour options to suit any interior.
Your home can feel stark and exposed without the appropriate use of window furnishings and privacy screens. The addition of blinds, curtains and sheers can truly add to the overall decor of a room when thoughtfully selected to match textures and colours used throughout. Read More
Blinds In Helensvale
If you live in the Helensvale area of the Gold Coast and you’re thinking about buying blinds, the obvious place to stop in at is Sheerview Window Furnishings.
Here you will find more of the best quality blinds, and at fantastic prices, too. Plus you’ll be able to get advice from our helpful staff that will do their best to help make sure you get exactly the blinds you want.
That’s especially helpful if you don’t already know in advance what kind of blinds you want. If it has been a while since you last went shopping for blinds, you will be quite surprised at the huge number of options that now exist.
How blinds can be a benefit
Blinds can be advantageous in many ways. First, because they are normally made of thicker and more solid material than curtains, they typically do a better job of blocking out light and heat. This can help reduce your energy costs for cooling.
Next, some types of blinds, such as vertical blinds, have the advantage of being adjustable, so you can let in very precise light levels and direct the light where you want it to go.
Blinds help provide good opaque privacy, and adjustable blinds allow you to see out more easily than people can see in.
Finally, well chosen blinds can be attractive and will beautify your home.
The main styles of blinds
There are plenty of different options available. You should carefully consider the pros and cons of each one before making a firm decision, or come and talk with us at Sheerview Window Furnishings.
- Panel glide blinds. Smooth gliding vertical panels that stack neatly when retracted and provide a smooth, flat, light-blocking wall when fully deployed. Good choice for large window areas and for sliding glass doors. Main advantages: nice looks, easy to use, easy to clean. Main disadvantages: none in particular.
- Vertical blinds. Also suited to large windows and glass doors, but can also work with smaller windows. Main benefits: big choice of colours and materials, fully adjustable, stylish look. Main disadvantages: not the best light blockers, small children and pets sometimes like to wreck them.
- Roman blinds. These form a perfect flat light-blocking screen when deployed. They fold up from bottom to top as you retract them. Work best with small windows. Main advantages: excellent at blocking light. Main disadvantages: none in particular.
- Roller blinds. The classic blind style and also often the cheapest. Good with any size of window but work very well with small windows. Main advantages: depending on material they can be good light blockers, easy to understand and operate, mechanism can be motorised. Main disadvantages: slower to raise and lower than Roman blinds, unless motorised.
- Vision blinds. Unlike all the other blinds on the list, these are not intended to block light, completely but simply to diffuse it. Diffusion means to spread particles so they will be less concentrated. This takes the edge of the light, softening it and weakening it. In turn, the light loses some of its radiating power. Main advantages: looks amazing, provides privacy while allowing you to see out, adjustable, easy to operate. Main disadvantages: does not provide perfect light blocking.
Which style is right for you mainly depends on your needs and your priorities. We will be happy to help you make a choice if you’re unsure which options will work best for you.