Avenir Shutters Gold Coast: Design The Perfect Home
Transform your interior design
While window shutters are traditionally a country style, they can look fantastic in any home. Shutter blinds can modernise any Gold Coast house or even complete a more classic look. Whatever décor you have chosen for your home, shutter blinds can complement almost any style. When customising the shutters in your home, there are a number of things you should first consider which we’ve outlined below.
- Timber is the classic shutter blind option as they are durable and can be shaped, painted or stained in many styles to suit the particular home. The disadvantages of wooden blinds is that they are not moisture resistant and therefore not recommended for use in wet zones such as bathrooms and kitchens, and they are likely to crack and fade after excessive exposure to high temperatures.
- PVC is a great option as it is water resistant so can be used in all areas of the home. They are also wonderful at reflecting the heat and so will not crack or fade and will keep your home cooler. However, it is important to opt for high quality, non-toxic PVC as the cheaper options have been known to release poisons when they reach a certain temperature.
- Aluminium is very low maintenance and durable so it is great for use both indoors and outdoors. It is a lightweight but very strong material which isn’t easy to break into, so you can rest assured with the added security for your home. It’s high level of opacity also keeps the light out which is particularly useful in bedrooms. At Sheerview, we recommend using Highprofile Avenir aluminium shutters which also provide great insulation keeping your home cool over summer, and warm through winter.
You have a number of options when it comes to the panel style of your shutter blinds:
- Full shutters that open as one panel
- Cafe shutters which only cover the bottom half of the window and therefore allow maximum light
- Double hung shutters which can be opened separately at the bottom or top
- Full shutters with divider rails to allow you to open the bottom or top separately
Depending on whether you have decorative trim or molding around your window, you will have different options for how your shutter blinds can be mounted. Windows with decorative trims or molding can use either hinges or L-Frames. Windows without decorative trims or molding can use either an outside L Frame, a decorative L Frame or a Z Frame.
The traditional option is to include a front tilt bar which runs down the centre of the blind and gives you easy access to open, close or tilt the panels. The more modern option is the rear / hidden tilt which runs down the back and side of the blind. Either option functions exactly the same so it just depends on your personal preference.
Also known as the ‘slat’ or ‘blade’, the louver size can be customised depending on the style you’re looking for. Larger louver sizes are wonderful for use on windows with a view. The larger the louver size, the larger the opening and better view. Selecting a smaller lover size, will provide you with more privacy and less light, perfect for the more discreet areas of your home.
While white, cream and stained shutters are the most popular option. Highprofile Avenir are our preferred aluminium shutters and they offer custom colours including greys and darker tones which provide beautiful contrast against lighter walls. Take a look at the below photos of black avenir shutters that we recently supplied and delivered.